Dr. David Borenstein
Multiple Board Certified Physician Specialized in Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Over 20 years of experience. Trained in NYC and Israel.
- Extensive experience treating all types of joint pain including knee, hip, back, ankle/foot, hand/wrist and shoulders
- Skilled injector who injects both in the target and surrounding tissue
- Performs bone marrow, fat transfer for pain, prolotherapy, injections and autologous adipose procedures
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Expert
- Featured in film and television
- Medical School at Technion Faculty of Medicine
- Internship at Staten Island University Hospital
- New York State Medical Society
- American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine
- American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
Why Dr. David Borenstein
Why Dr. Borenstein
- Skilled Injector
- Combines integrative and functional medicine with pain management
- Featured in films, books and media
- Trained in NYC at SUNY Stony Brook, Staten Island University Hospital & Westchester County Medical Center
- Educated at SUNY, Touro College & Technion Faculty of Medicine-Israel
- Medical missions in N. Korea, Ghana and Cuba
- Speaks multiple languages
- Terrific bedside manner
F A Q
Dr. Borenstein holds a Bachelor’s degree in Political Science from State University of New York at Stony Brook, a Masters in Physical and Biological Sciences from Touro College, and obtained his medical degree from the Technion Faculty of Medicine located in Haifa, Israel.
After graduation, he completed his internship at Staten Island University Hospital. He has completed residencies at University Hospital at Stony Brook, Westchester County Medical Center; and St. Charles Hospital and Rehabilitation Center.
Dr. .Borenstein is currently New York’s leading integrative and functional medicine doctor, founder of Manhattan Integrative Medicine, and is board certified in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation and certified in Medical Acupuncture.
He is also a member of a a variety of the most prestigious medical associations including:
- American Academy of Ant-Aging Medicine
- American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery
- American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- American Academy of Otolaryngology- Head and Neck Surgery
- American College for Advancement in Medicine
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society
- American Society for Laser Medicine & Surgery, Inc.
- Pfizer Pharmaceuticals Chief Investigator: A Controlled Trial Evaluating the Effect of Sildenafil on Sexual Functioning in Patients with Spinal Cord Injury
- Naval Expo – Prolotherapy: Allowing the Body to Self-Repair Damaged Joints and Ligaments
- New York Open Center for Holistic Health Guest speaker at numerous workshops on thyroid health, adrenal health, weight loss, perimenopause and menopausal health, with patient advocate and author Mary Shomon.
Dr. Borenstein’s integrative approach to medicine ensures that he not only takes time to get to know his patients and listen to them, but he also puts forth his knowledge, skills, and expertise in understanding patients’ symptoms as the starting point for all of his protocols. Therefore, he views and treats his patients as a whole in order to promote recovery and ongoing good health.
Dr. Borenstein states “my greatest feeling of accomplishment comes from helping make real changes in people’s lives, especially after they’ve been through a difficult time.”
Dr. Borenstein has been featured in many different outlets including:
- The documentary film in the Guggenheim Fellowship Award-winning documentary, “Sick to Death,” by Maggie Hadleigh-West
- Featured/quoted in Beautiful Inside and Out: Conquering Thyroid Disease with a Healthy, Happy, “Thyroid Sexy” Life, by Gena Lee Nolin and Mary Shomon, published by Simon & Schuster/Atria Books
- Mentioned in the October 2015 Huffington Post article, Woman’s Day Magazine, and Epoch Times
- Guest in Joan Hamburg Radio Show – WOR 710 AM, New York City Blog Radio Network
- Part of various websites including About.com Thyroid Site, HypothyroidMom.com, Everydayhealth.com, AOL.com and GenaLeeNolin.com/ThyroidSexy
Dr. Borenstein is well versed in both the Spanish and Hebrew languages. He is happy to communicate with you in your desired language in order to ensure efficient, effective, and clear mutual communication and understanding.
Dr. Borenstein currently serves patients in the Great Neck, New York, New Jersey, and Manhattan MAXIM locations!